Pretzel & Stouffer attorneys Matt Reddy and Donald Patrick Eckler, recently published a series of column in the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin on recent developments in the admissibility of medical records. Links to the columns are here and here.
Matthew Reddy has substantial experience in civil trial litigation, with a focus on medical malpractice defense. He has tried dozens of jury trials involving claims of substantial damages.
Matthew values the relationship that he develops with his clients. Matthew recognizes that litigation is stressful, and that clear communication reduces anxiety. To this end, Matthew keeps his clients appraised of all developments in their cases and welcomes any questions they have throughout the process.
He focuses on developing strong defenses as early in a case as possible. This strategy allows him to pressure his opponents for early dismissal from cases, where appropriate.
Armed with his extensive trial experience, Matthew views developments in his cases with an eye towards a potential trial. This allows Matthew to shape a case as it develops in the best interest of his client.
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Star 2018 – 2019
- Illinois Leading Lawyer Emerging Lawyer 2017 – 2019
- “Medical bills should not be excepted from proper foundation,” Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, For the Defense, March 3, 2021, Matthew Reddy and Donald Patrick Eckler.
- “New version of IPI 30.06 presents problems,” Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, For the Defense, February 24, 2021, Matthew Reddy and Donald Patrick Eckler.
- “The Collateral Source Rule – How to Avoid a Windfall for Plaintiffs-PLDF” by Matthew Reddy
- “Clarity from Chaos Regarding Introduction of Medical Bills at Trial” by Matthew Reddy.
- “An Uncomfortable Truth: Attacking Inflated Medical Specials,” IDC Quarterly, Vol. 30, No. 2, Matthew Reddy and Donald Patrick Eckler.
- Best Laid Plans: The Continued Uncertainty in the Admissibility of Medical Bills.
- An Equal and Opposite Reaction: The Expanding Application of the Absolute Attorney Litigation Privilege.
- Re-Accommodating with Extreme Prejudice: What We Can Learn from the United 3411 Incident
- An Outside Bet: Reduction in the Amount of Recovery in Medical Malpractice Cases
- Dragged Into the Future: Modernizing the Legal Profession through E-Filing
- Matthew serves as a mentor for young men involved in the juvenile justice system.
Pretzel & Stouffer attorneys, Michael Barry, Rich Burgland, Tom Draths, and Matthew Reddy, were named emerging lawyers by Leading Lawyers Magazine. Click here to learn more about their practices that span insurance coverage, professional liability defense, commercial litigation, medical malpractice and general tort defense
The following Pretzel & Stouffer lawyers were selected as Rising Stars for 2019
Pretzel & Stouffer recently promoted Matthew Reddy to partner at the firm. Matt has broad litigation and trial experience with a primary focus in the defense of professional negligence actions. He has successfully tried dozens of cases to verdict, saving his clients millions of dollars in requested damages.
Pretzel & Stouffer is proud to announce the following lawyers from our firm have been selected by the Leading Lawyers Advisory Board as Emerging Lawyers for 2019: